Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with this festive, minty-green shake from The Roasted Root that’s a healthy riff on McDonald’s Shamrock Shake. There are no added sugars or artificial food coloring in this treat: It’s naturally sweetened with bananas and gets its green hue from mint leaves and spinach. Enjoy this refreshing, nutritious drink without breaking your calorie bank.
Healthy Shamrock Shake
- 1 1/2 large bananas peeled and frozen
- 3/4 cup (180ml) unsweetened almond milk or full-fat canned coconut milk
- 1 heaping handful baby spinach
- 14 leaves large mint chopped
- 5 ice cubes
- 1-2 tablespoons cocoa nibs, optional
Add all of the ingredients for the shake to a blender and blend until smooth.
Serves: 1 | Serving Size: 1 cup
Per serving: Calories: 243; Total Fat: 3g; Saturated Fat: 0g; Monounsaturated Fat: 1g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Sodium: 162mg; Carbohydrate: 48g; Dietary Fiber: 7g; Sugar: 26g; Protein: 4g
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium: 757mg; Iron: 14%; Vitamin A: 47%; Vitamin C: 46%; Calcium: 39%