Celebrate strawberry season with this easy, protein-packed spinach salad. We lightened up classic creamy poppy seed dressing by swapping the sugar for honey and added nutrients by replacing the poppy seeds with chia seeds. Talk about a fresh take on a spring favorite!
Strawberry & Spinach Salad with Rosemary Grilled Chicken
- 2 cups (1 pint) strawberries, hulled and halved or quartered
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white wine or apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons low-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon minced shallot
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 1/2 tablespoons mild olive oil
- 8 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken breast (skin and bones discarded)
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
Finely chop one strawberry and place it in a small mixing bowl. Add the vinegar, honey, yogurt, chia seeds, shallots, mustard and salt and whisk until everything is well combined. Gradually whisk in the olive oil in a slow, steady stream.
Divide the spinach among four shallow bowls. Top with the chicken, strawberries and almonds. Drizzle salads with dressing and serve.
Serves: 4 | Serving Size: 2 cups spinach, 1/2 cup shredded chicken, 1/2 cup strawberries, 1 tablespoon almonds, 1 1/2 tablespoons dressing
Per serving: Calories: 317; Total Fat: 16g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Monounsaturated Fat: 7g; Cholesterol: 61mg; Sodium: 132mg; Carbohydrate: 18g; Dietary Fiber: 5g; Sugar: 10g; Protein: 28g
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium: 782mg; Iron: 24%; Vitamin A: 162%; Vitamin C: 116%; Calcium: 16%
Recipe and photo by Ivy Manning
The post Strawberry & Spinach Salad with Rosemary Grilled Chicken | Recipe appeared first on Under Armour.