Part bean salad and part salsa dip, cowboy caviar is a vibrant combination of black-eyed peas, corn, tomatoes, onions and avocado. We pour it over grilled chicken, marinated with honey and lime, for a recipe that’s anything but boring. Serve over greens for a low-carb meal or over brown rice for energizing carbs and fiber.
Grilled Honey Lime Chicken with Cowboy Caviar
- 3 1/2 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 (5-ounce or 140 grams per breast) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (15.5-ounce or 440 grams) can reduced-sodium black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup (80 grams) fresh or frozen and thawed yellow corn, rinsed and drained
- 1 small (90 grams) ripe tomato, coarsely chopped
- 1 small (150 grams) avocado, chopped
- 1/4 medium (30 grams) red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
Combine 2 tablespoons lime juice, honey, oil, pepper and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a plastic storage bag or shallow container. Add chicken, tossing to coat. Close the bag or cover, and marinate in the refrigerator 15 minutes up to 2 hours.
Meanwhile, make Cowboy Caviar by combining beans, corn, tomato, avocado, onion, cilantro and cumin in a medium bowl. Stir in the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice and 1/8 teaspoon salt.
Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high. Grill chicken 5 minutes on each side, or until internal temperature reaches 160°F.
Serve each breast with 3/4 cup Cowboy Caviar.
Serves: 4 | Serving Size: 1 chicken breast + 3/4 cup Cowboy Caviar
Per serving: Calories: 357; Total Fat: 12g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Monounsaturated Fat: 6g; Cholesterol: 82mg; Sodium: 334mg; Carbohydrate: 38g; Dietary Fiber: 9g; Sugar: 13g; Protein: 37g
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium: 806mg; Iron: 27%; Vitamin A: 2%; Vitamin C: 18%; Calcium: 5%
The post Grilled Honey Lime Chicken with Cowboy Caviar [Video] | Recipe appeared first on Under Armour.